At the February 23, 2017 meeting, Council approved in principle the bylaws that set the continuous quality improvement (CQI) program requirement, which will be met by COMPASS starting with the 2017-2018 permit year.
The bylaws and background information were submitted to stakeholders for consultation before final approval. Based on stakeholder feedback, Council approved the continuous quality improvement bylaws for proprietary pharmacies. These have now been approved by the Minister of Health.
Several years of pilot projects and research had been undertaken before recommending a standardized continuous quality improvement program to Council. The documents in this section outline some of that research.
- Quality Related Event Reporting and Learning – Jan 2015
- An Assessment of the COMPASS QI Initiative – July 2016
- ISMP Canada – Phase I Incident Poster
- ISMP Canada – Phase I Incident Analysis
- ISMP Canada – Phase II Incident Analysis
- ISMP Canada – Phase III Incident Analysis
SCPP undertakes consultations periodically when there is a need for stakeholder feedback.